Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lots of pictures and random updates

since we got Internet at our place, I am able to spend more time updating our blog, emailing friends and family and posting cute pictures :) I hope you enjoy them. I will also try to comment on them as much as possible.




Morning silliness










getting clean for mommy's birthday!!!

My Dad, Victor, brought these flowers on the morning of my BDay. He even sang American
"Happy Birthday" song to me

Two days before my BDay we went to "Hizhina" - upscale Georgian restaurant to place an order for dishes to be served on my BDay(thats whats you do here, and everything is served "family style" instead of everyone getting their own dish). My parents gave restaurant's administrator downpayment and we decided on Thursday, July 23 6:30pm. We all got dressed up, my dad asked his friends to give us a ride (shoot, i should've taken a picture of his car!), and off we went.




Here is what we found when we pulled up to the restaurant. It burned down the night before my BDay party...Poor administrator was there, just pulling her hair out...long story short, she sent us to their sister-restaurant and we had my Bday dinner there :) It was still good food, just not the same atmosphere.





some of the dishes served



my sister Victoria and her boyfriend Oleg





us - a bit blurry, but thats all you get :)




Lucas did so good that night, he played with his book and rings and was on best behavior.
Famous Georgian Shashluk, i.e. grilled pork on skewers
Lucas even tried some lamb chops. Not really.
uh, this was suppose to be "Daddy and Son smiles" picture, but Lucas got distracted

morning kisses

curious boy



this is what I found one day when I came home from the market - sleepy naked boy





we went to Deribasovskaya with my parents, to have some McDonalds :) It was good!


strolled down the streets of Odessa


saw many tourists take pictures, including us



Lots of families were out, hanging out and eating ice-creams and various treats . Yeah,we love to eat o'er here :)







hung out at one of the malls (this one is the biggest in Odessa)
and came home tired


this is what we found for Lucas at a toy store. He sure likes it, trying to take all the toys off the rings and put the blue legs of the toy in his mouth.


am I cool or what?

No comments: