Sunday, April 12, 2009

1 month old!!!

We can't belive our baby is already a month old!!! We feel like it was only yesterday we brought him home...time flies. Life has definitely changed for the best. It's tiring at times, but so rewarding and special.

We watched video from the hospital and first few days at home - Lucas has changed so much since then already! We love you, sweet boy, and thank God for letting us take care of you and love you.

About me this month:
- I weigh 10 lbs, 1 oz and measure 21.5 inches (as of 4.10.2009). Doctor loves my cheeks and says I am a healthy boy.
- I LOVE to be held, cuddled, talked to, rocked, snuggled, kissed and anything that involves being with mom and dad
- I am starting to coo
- I can hold my head for a minute, sometimes more
- I chew on my fingers to help me sleep
- I dont like tummy time, but Daddy says we should count me hanging out on his tummy as my tummy time :)
- I eat pretty regularly and get upset when not fed on time
- I sleep during the day and play late at night and early morning
- I like to look around and can follow a toy
- I am discovering my fingers
- I enjoy rocking in my cool swing
- I can only go to sleep when daddy pats my back and puts me on his stomach or when mom holds me tight, rocks me and hums a lullaby
- I can ONLY sleep with mom and dad (sleeping in the crib is overrated)
- I have been out several times already: I enjoy the car ride but not the car seat, I like being in the stroller but it does not help whem I am hungry, so mom has to get me out of it, hold me and feed me and then I am all better. Daddy wants to throw away the car seat and just carry me around :) ha! I agree, but Mom says 'over her dead body.'

Enough for now - tune in for more updates next month.

Here are some recent pictures for all to enjoy!

Daddy gave me my first bottle of breast milk! I loved it and chomped it down in seconds :)


Aunt Anita came to visit me! She spoiled me with lots of holding, smiling and talking (as well as cute outfits) - I miss her terribly and so does my mom. Come back soon!

Kimberly came all the way from Michigan to hang out with Anita, mom and visit the school with her cousins. You are so fun to be around - come visit us more often.

We went to Galena with Anita and Kimberly. It was fun! (though I am not a fan of my carseat - I scream when I have to get strapped in, so I need my binky to calm down).

hanging out at home with Mom and taking silly pictures like this one :)

I am liking my swing! (finally)



This is what we do when daddy gets home from work


I love my Dad!





No comments: