Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall in Midwest

Last weekend we drove to Gays Mills, Wisconsin - to get some apples! This is our second year going there (I think its becoming a tradition, as long as we live in Midwest). Its a beautiful drive and the apples are delicious. We went to Kikapoo orchard, ate apple pizza for lunch, wondered around in corn maze, and, of course, bought apples, and lots of them. Any ideas what to do with a big amount of apples?? Anyone? I made apple turnovers and apple pie so far, plus I eat two a day, plus I make Everette eat them, and I gave some away to kids I work with. And I still have a lot left. Any good ideas? On the way from Kikapoo orchard we ran into another BIG orchard, "Sunrise..." something. They had freshly baked apple cider donuts (melted in the mouth!!!!) and freshly squezzed apple cider slushy. Boy, oh boy! Were we happy?! Hoping that next year we get to take our little one to the apple paradise with us.










No comments: